Afterwards, we went to the beach. I left Eden in daycare, and just took Sadie and met my mom there. For the first time in...probably years...I was able to just sit and relax at the beach, while Sadie either amused herself or played with my mom. It was heavenly.
We met my in-laws out for dinner at Sadie's favorite grown up restaurant and enjoyed a nice dinner out on the patio, followed by some 'let's tire them out before bed' time at the nearby playground.
Saturday, we went out to visit friends and had a cookout with them. It was very cute to see all the kids playing together, and Eden was really right in the thick of it with them. She's turning into one of the 'big kids' right before our eyes.
Yesterday, we rode our bikes down to this festival and enjoyed some good food and good music. It was a great ride down there and back, too, and the furthest we've ventured with the kids in tow on the bikes yet. All in all, a great day.
I love three day weekends.
No comments:
Post a Comment