Evan's truck died several weeks back. Since then, my father-in-law has been kind enough to lend us one of his cars while we a) find a new truck, and b) work out how to pay for it. So, having finally taken care of the latter, I think we're pretty close on the former. Evan has been following up with a number of ads on Craigslist, and has it narrowed down to two possibilities. Now, keep in mind that we're not talking new or luxury on either of these - purely functional and CHEAP. Possibility one, the guy is asking quite a lot more than the blue book value, though Evan said it does have a number of auto accessories that are adding to the value. Possbility two, the guy is asking for a bit below blue book, as he claims he is in dire need of cash. This one isn't as nice, but again, it is about 25% cheaper than the first. Evan is feeling a bit torn, but you know, when you buy a used car, you're always running a risk, so I think he just needs to suck it up and go with one of them and be done with it.
My guess is that we'll have a new(er) vehicle by the weekend. Oh no! Does that mean I need to return the sweet ride I've gotten used to?!?
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment