Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Is your bedroom a retreat?

The way I see it, I spend more time in the bedroom than in any other room in the house. Granted, I'm not conscious for most of that time, but it is still time spent. This is the first place we've lived where I've actually put thought into the decor in the bedroom. Instead of a bland, neutral color for the walls, we painted them a calming (I think, anyway) deep olive green, and the trim and window treatments are a cream color. The result is a very serene room. The duvet we have is the one we brought from our last house. The color works (it is a muted grayish lavendar), but I'm ready for a change. So, I've been looking online for duvet covers and bedspreads and seen some nice ones. Opinions solicited...given what I've described about our color scheme, should we go for a bold (jewel tone, heavily textured) spread, or another neutral one? Suggestions welcomed!

No comments: