
This is what Sadie and I did this evening, in honor of our wonderful day at the beach. I will say, we've never managed anything quite so grand when working in the brick and mortar sand and water environment of the Jersey Shore. Anyway, Sadie got a real kick out of doing it. She loves to play on the computer, and loves to build Sandcastles, so it was a win-win for her.
The site was super easy to use, and Sadie wasn't the only one who got a kick out of making one. What can I say? I'm easily entertained. After we had made it, it found a spot in the site's gallery, so I showed Sadie how she was now an exhibited artist. I think the humor was lost on her.
I like to find opportunities for Sadie to 'play' on the computer, to practice her eye and hand coordination, fine motor skills, and ability to follow directions. We often go to some of the educational sites, but I'm always keeping a look out, too, for commercial sites that offer similar opportunities. Sadie doesn't care that this site eventually directs us to a solicitation to book a beach vacation (though, I should be careful letting her play unsupervised...who knows what we'll end up with!). She just thinks it is fun to make things with the mouse. In fact, in addition to the one I'm showcasing, she made three others (the one shown represents her 'best in show'), and I'm sure she'll want to play around with it again tomorrow. Of course, tomorrow is supposed to be a gorgeous day, so she'll practice her sandcastle building skills at the beach, but this is a nice thing to keep in mind for rainy day activities (see my post from yesterday!).
No comments:
Post a Comment