No, this is not an entry about the Barenaked Ladies --though, as an aside...I recently heard a live, acoustic version of the 80's hit "In a Big Country" and it sounded like it was BNL singing. I've googled, but can't find anything that ties them to that song. Anyone know if they've ever covered it in concert? Anyway, this entry is kind of a continuation of a conversation I had with my SIL and BIL this past weekend. We were talking about jobs where you make a ton of money and I was saying that I didn't even particularly want to have a ton of money, because I didn't think it really fixed most of the problems people have in their lives. But, that's not an entirely true statement, because one thing that having a ton of money would help us out with is getting rid of our debt. I've stated before how debt-averse I am, but as a homeowning family that needs two cars and needed educations to hold the jobs we have, debt is kind of unavoidable. So, I thought this article was kind of interesting and alarming at the same time. This one, too, is a pretty good read. I'm forever trying to figure out how to get and keep us 'financially fit', so I'm always looking for good articles and resources. Pass them along, if you will...
Thursday, June 7, 2007
"If I had a million dollars..."
No, this is not an entry about the Barenaked Ladies --though, as an aside...I recently heard a live, acoustic version of the 80's hit "In a Big Country" and it sounded like it was BNL singing. I've googled, but can't find anything that ties them to that song. Anyone know if they've ever covered it in concert? Anyway, this entry is kind of a continuation of a conversation I had with my SIL and BIL this past weekend. We were talking about jobs where you make a ton of money and I was saying that I didn't even particularly want to have a ton of money, because I didn't think it really fixed most of the problems people have in their lives. But, that's not an entirely true statement, because one thing that having a ton of money would help us out with is getting rid of our debt. I've stated before how debt-averse I am, but as a homeowning family that needs two cars and needed educations to hold the jobs we have, debt is kind of unavoidable. So, I thought this article was kind of interesting and alarming at the same time. This one, too, is a pretty good read. I'm forever trying to figure out how to get and keep us 'financially fit', so I'm always looking for good articles and resources. Pass them along, if you will...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, I think a lot of people make the mistake of thinking money will make them happy. But if it does, doesn't that mean that person is way too materialistic?
Regardless:
1. Money can't solve all problems.
2. Money does solve a lot of problems.
QED: More money is better than less money.
So there. :)
-B-I-L
Post a Comment