Evan just called me a bit ago to say that he thinks his truck may have taken its final journey. He thinks the transmission is done. We both drive really old (his is an '85, mine is a '96) cars, and even though it would be nice to drive a new one, we have relished the fact that we have no car payments to make. Well, I think that may be about to change. Obviously, when you drive really old cars, you know that you are operating on borrowed time, and every single morning that our cars start up and take us where we need to go, we've kind of counted it as just a bonus.
I guess we're going car shopping tonight.
I'll take any and all suggestions about car shopping. I have no idea what we're even going to look for. I'd like something fuel-efficient, but I'm guessing Evan wants something big enough to haul loads of stuff around.
Also...what is the smartest thing to do with regard to financing? A loan from the dealer? A car loan from our bank? A home equity line of credit?
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment