Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It really just dawned on me this morning

that Sadie only has nine more days of school before she graduates. I cannot wrap my head around this fact. She is going to be done with preschool. I'm not sure if she is totally ready, and I know I sure as heck am not. It does seem as though the years just keep flying by faster and faster.

It is really a neat thing to have two kids...because you can see forwards and backwards, in a way. Watching Sadie get to an age where we can really do fun things together, it makes me excited for the time when Eden will be old enough, too, and we can embark on the next phase in parenting. On the other hand, watching and treasuring Eden's babyness is wonderful, too, and something that I'm not sure I did enough of with Sadie (because I was always anxious about her getting to the 'next' stage).

Anyway, I do feel like graduating pre-school and starting Kindergarten is really the end of an era. I'm looking forward to a last summer with my 'not yet big enough for real school' kiddo before September rolls around and she makes that transition.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Aw, it's bittersweet isn't it? Kieran's last day of preschool is tomorrow and graduation on Thursday.