I love the idea that this bank seems to have a conscience. According to the info on their site, Co-operative financial Services has "a customer-led ethical policy." I try to put my dollars toward businesses who conduct themselves well with regard to social issues, even if that means that sometimes I end up paying more (for example, I know I could save a ton of money at Wal-Mart, but I just won't shop there). So, it is nice to see another business following suit. It seems as though they offer competitive rates on their loan products, too, which is great, because, again...sometimes it is really hard to follow the moral high ground when your hard-earned dollars are at stake.
I think, in an ideal world, if more businesses did things like this, the average joe would be more willing to make a statement about what matters to them.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment