Monday, May 21, 2007

Weekend Update

yes, you might find these terribly boring, and figure that you really don't need to know the small details of our weekend. if you do, I'm just going to give you a big ole Bronx cheer. Remember, aside from keeping friends and family updated with things and bringing in some blogging for $$ cash, the primary purpose of this blog - above all others-is to serve as a 'memory keeper' for me. So, you're just going to have to bear with me and my memories. Either that or go read something else ;)

Anyway, the weekend recap, bullet style:

  • Sadie's lesson was awesome on Saturday. She even went off lead and got the pony to turn in a circle. That "I'm so proud of myself" look on her face was priceless. It was exactly what I was hoping for when I signed her up.
  • Shrek 3 was...eh. A cute movie, for sure, but not nearly as good as either of the first two. Sadie enjoyed it, though, and it was nice to have some 'just the two of us' time.
  • Matan's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's. Sadie seemed to enjoy herself (well, when she wasn't crying about one thing or another), and it was good to catch up with some of the other moms. On our way to the party, Sadie had asked if her party could be there, and I said yes. On the way out, I asked if she still wanted her party at CEC's and she said "no, I think it would be better at home." What can I say? The kid isn't easily impressed.
  • A beautiful family bike ride capped off the weekend. We stopped by to see my aunt and uncle, and coincidentally, their next door neighbor's, who have two girls (14 and 11, I think) had just gotten a box of ballet costumes together to give to Sadie. She, of course, had to try each and every one on, and perform for all of us. We put a tutu on Eden and she got a kick out of 'dancing' along with Sadie.
  • We walked down to my aunt's beach and let the kids run around in the sand. And the surf (Eden! that little stinker is fast!). Eden got such a kick out of the waves lapping at her feet. Last summer she was still so little and just basically slept or hung out on the blanket. so this is really going to be her first 'beach season'. She is going to have a blast.

No comments: