Friday, May 18, 2007

I think I Need One of These

A food calorie counter.

In light of yesterday's admission (about eating two lunches - plus a whole host of things I didn't list out), I think I do need to start paying closer attention to how much food I'm putting in my body. I mean, I'm exercising a lot, and I know that this is really the best and healthiest way to stay fit, but I think if I really want to be bathing suit ready in just a few more weeks (eek!), then working out is only half the battle.

In the past, I have done the work of tracking, and it really was an eye-opener as far as how much I was really eating. And, just by tracking, I found that I would consequently eat a bit less. So, I may look into buying one of these. Seems like it would come in handy. It works like a calculator, and it calculates the calories, fat, and carbs in tons of prepared and home-cooked foods. If I get it, I'll post and let you know how it is working for me.

2 comments:

Denise Kreiger said...

Hi Deborah,
You're not alone. I get so h-u-n-g-r-y at work too! I wonder why that is? Counting calories is a bore, though. Smaller portions and exercise should do the trick, but takes time and discipline. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

It's really amazing how it adds up, isn't it? In fact, the dieting mode that works best for me is, "I can eat anything I want as long as I can quantify and record it." It only takes a couple of times realizing how that slice of pie completely offset that 4 mile run to incent me to stop. I also find that it's helpful to have the numeric evidence of progress. It takes a few weeks until the belt loosens, but if you _know_ you're netting -500 calories a day, it somehow makes it a little easier to bear...

-B-I-L