Monday, May 7, 2007

ISO Reviews and Recommendations


First - has anyone read this, or anything by Cormac McCarthy? I think he wrote 'All the Pretty Horses.'

I saw this book at the supermarket the other night, and thought Evan would like it. It seems right up his alley. However, I was too cheap to pay the $14.95 hardcover price. Our local library doesn't have it yet, so now I'm rethinking my reluctance to buy it.

If you've read it, give me a review.

Next, we finally got around to watching Babel. Definitely enjoyed it (though, not as much as Crash, which is the movie it is constantly compared to). My Netflix queue is getting shorter as we make our way through it, so ISO suggestions for movies to add to it. I'll watch almost anything, except for action-adventures. So, give me suggestions?

2 comments:

Jim said...

Well, that's a wide open topic. Here's some selections that I've checked off my list, after filtering out the "action/adventure" category:

Salvador
Supersize Me
Casino
Wall Street
Leaving Las Vegas
Edreams
City of God

-B-I-L

Alyssa Joy said...

I haven't read The Road, but my bookclub read it last month (I slacked). Stanley is reading it... or just read it, and it won a pulitzer, so it should be good.