Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Vegetarian Recipes

do you have any good ones? I've been trying to plan more vegetarian meals, but it is hard. Eden can't tolerate dairy, so anything with cheese or milk or those oh-so-convenient 'cream of...' soups are out. We try to limit our red meat consumption to once a week, and we have chicken and fish and ground turkey in some incarnation once a week each, as well. So that leaves three nights a week of vegetarian meals. I find that we make the same things over and over. Our staples are:

Pasta
Bean burritos
Curried vegetables and rice
Boca burgers
Asian-style tofu stir fry

So, if you have any good dairy-free vegetarian recipes, pass them along.

2 comments:

Alyssa Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alyssa Joy said...

I have a great recipe for a butternut squash stew. It's in the Greens cookbook. If you don't have it, I'll give it to you when you come visit us. Lots of good veggie recipes in there. Also, the Moosewood cookbook, and I have a cookbook filled with ways to prepare soy products (i.e., tofu and tempeh). Also, this site looks pretty good: http://www.veganchef.com/.