Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Fabu

That's how our weekend was. Such a great start to summer. I have no energy to write about it now, but maybe I'll revisit this entry in a bit (after another cup of coffee) and journal some of what we did.

(Later) Ok, so the weekend highlights...

Friday night we met Sadie's friend Olivia and her family at the Strawberry Carnival (or, as Sadie calls it...the carnivore). The kids had a blast going on the rides and stuffing themselves full of cotton candy and ice cream. Sadie and Livvie went on the roller coaster --sans adults--and Sadie loved it! Eden had her first ride on the merry-go-round, and it was a big hit.

Saturday, Evan took Sadie to her lesson so Eden and I had a quiet morning together, which was nice. My parents came over for a cookout in the afternoon and we watched a very depressing, but good, move--Earth--after the kids went to bed.

Sunday - oh how wonderful to wake up on the Sunday of a three-day weekend and know that you still have two days off ahead of you. And, how even more wonderful to wake up and realize that it is 8:30 a.m. and the kids are still sleeping! After a lazy morning, we went down to the beach. It was a fun time, but I did spend an awful lot of my time trying to keep Eden from running right into the surf. We came home for a late lunch and met up with our friend Jeff. Eden decided she didn't need to nap (ha!), so instead of fighting her on it, we just loaded the kids up into the bike trailer and took a ride around. Eden was asleep in about five minutes...I think Sadie managed to stay away for another 10 or so. Once the kids were asleep, we just rode and rode and showed Jeff around the area. When Sadie woke up, we headed to the beach and hung out there until dinnertime.

Yesterday we went over to my in-laws' house for a BBQ. The kids had a blast and I ate too much. So, all in all, a good day.

I hope this weekend was an omen for what the rest of the summer is going to be...fun, happy, healthy and tiring!

No comments: