The other evening, I was listening to my favorite radio station and they were interviewing someone I had never heard of...but he mentioned being inspired by the music of Steven Delopoulos. Hmmm...I thought. I went to school with a Steve Delopoulos...short, little curly-headed Greek kid. I remember him always running after the school bus...perpetually late...books and papers always scattering everywhere. Anyway, I was intrigued...could it be the same person?
Didn't take but a quick trip down Google Avenue to see that it IS the one and the same. Apparently, he made it somewhat big in the Christian music scene, with a band called Burlap to Cashmere. He has since branched out on his own, in a genre I would describe as contemporary folk pop ;-) iTunes calls it Rock, but what do they know?
Anyway, feeling that an old school aquaintance was certainly worth $.99, I downloaded a song. Listened, then downloaded another. And another. It is really good! If you're looking for something new, check him out on iTunes. The album is called Me Died Blue, and
my personal pics for the best tracks: Seasons and Mediterranean Waters.
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We heard you! You we're listening to James Dalton talking about how he is working with Steven on 90.5 The NIGHT, Brookdale Public Radio
ahhh another central jersey person
Post a Comment