An otoscope. Don't you think? Any parent whose child has been plagued by even one ear infection develops this sort of 'maybe its an ear infection' paranoia anytime their child sniffles, coughs, puts their hand up anywhere remotely near the side of their head, wakes in the night, refuses a cup or bottle, etc. I am certainly guilty of it. Not only am I guilty of it in my own babies, but I have even put the idea in my sister-in-law's head (and her baby has never even had an ear infection).
Friends of Evan's son has had so many ear infections that they actually bought an otoscope to save themselves countless trips to the pediatrician for ear checks. I'm not sure they even know how to use it, but hey...owning the darn thing is half the battle, right?
Remember when Katie Holmes was pregnant and the rumor surfaced that Tom Cruise had bought an ultrasound machine? Well, owning medical equipment is not just for the rich and famous. Apparently, you can buy all sort of medical supplies and equipment online. Everything from stretchers to scrubs to a littman stethoscope. They all can be ordered online. Ok, so except for the otoscope, I can't really see that I would need any other supply, but hey, its nice to know it is available.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment