
Ever since we left Boston, I've been complaining about the lack of good Indian food in this area. Apparently, a bit north of here, there's a huge Indian population, and tons of restaurants and food markets. But, since going out to eat without the kids in tow is a rare occurence, I'm not about to drive 35 minutes for a restaurant.
So, I've been looking for a good store-bought substitute for Indian cooking. The other night, we made Chicken Tikka Masala, using Patak's sauce, and doctoring it up a bit with added ginger and cilantro.
Two thumbs up. It was so good! I'm not sure if it would hold up to a good restaurant version of the meal, but it was tasty. Kind of like how Gardenburgers are really good, provided you're not expecting to taste a juicy hamburger when you bite into one, you know? My only complaint was that the sodium content was super high, but that seems to be the case with processed foods. I figure that 99% of what we cook and eat is made from scratch, so the occaisional sodium-laden meal won't kill us. Anyway, Patak's makes a whole line of products and both our local grocery stores carry lots of them, so we'll definitely be trying out some others.
2 comments:
Not sure if this was a sponsored post, but IJWTS that I love Patak's sauces. So easy and yummy.
Sounds good! Although I have never actually tried Indian cuisine (probably because there is not many places around here as you said), but I'm sure I would like it, since I pretty much eat whatever!!
Post a Comment