Was realizing that no matter how much I work out, and how good I feel about how I look...and even how confident I feel in the bikini when I'm standing in front of the mirror in my bedroom - the second I get on the beach, all that good feeling goes away. And I'm left with the realization that I'm 35, I've carried two babies and breastfed and looking at me, you can tell.
It is hard to sit on the beach, surrounded by college students, with their perfectly formed, tanned bodies, and not get a complex. I don't know how they do it - I swear, I never looked that good at 18, either. I don't know if they are just made differently these days, or if they're taking things (phentermine, maybe?) to help them look so trim and fit, but either way, they look too good to be sitting next to.
Ok, so you're probably thinking I should stop sitting near the 18 year olds on the beach, right? Well, at the club we go to, where it is full of mothers, it will be just as bad. The place is loaded with the products of plastic surgery...breast implants abound! Lipusuctioned (is that even a word) tushies everywhere you look. And everyone somehow magically starts out the summer already perfectly tanned.
Anyway, it is a bit discouraging. Oh well, at least when I put on my bathing suit, Sadie tells me "Mama! You look se-exy!". Gotta take it where you can get it, right?
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ahhhh I know that feeling well. ((hugs))
Post a Comment