I know it is only Tuesday, but I've already started listing out all the things I need to get done/take care of this weekend. I think the hardest part of being a working mom is fitting in the darn errands.
I could use my lunch hour, but, I guess I'm selfish in that I would rather use that time to go to the gym, or walk the boardwalk, or scoot home and get my bike and ride back to work.
Immediately after work, I'm all about getting home as soon as possible, since the girls are down for the night on the early side. There's dinner and clean-up and baths and stories to squeeze in to about a two hour window as it is.
Once the girls are in bed, it is often too late for much in the way of running errands. I might head over to the library to return a book, or run to the grocery store for a quick pickup of a couple of things, but nothing too ambitious.
So, I try to pack it all in on the weekends. Sometimes my mom comes over and watches the girls and I am able to take care of a ton of things in pretty short order. But most of the time, I have the kids with me. I hate to have them spend their entire Saturday morning doing boring errands, so I try to intersperse errands with fun activities throughout the day. We might head to the grocery store, then unpack the groceries and go the park. Or, we run to the bank on our way out to lunch. The result is that the five things I need to do that should only take at most two hours, end up getting prolonged and stretched out over an entire day.
And, now that our Saturday mornings are going to be taken up I'm going to have to figure out when to get things done. So, the fact that I'm making lists and planning bright and early on a Tuesday morning doesn't seem so strange, after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment