But, I'm starting to think about actually doing something with the room. And, aside from painting, I think the big thing that I'd like to do is put different couches in there. The couches we have are nice, good quality pieces...but, they're just not my style. For one thing, theupholstery really has me stumped as far as what color to paint the walls. The have sort of a Southwestern print to them, and a dark green background. Not my taste at all, though that's what you get when you get hand-me downs. I remember when we bought our living room set - what a thrill it was to go and pick out exactly what we wanted. What a novel concept for us!
So, I've been looking at home furniture sites to get some ideas. And, I'm leaning toward replacing our living room furniture with something new, and putting the LR couches in the den. When we bought them, we didn't have a separate den, so our living room was our main sitting area. For that reason, we purposely bought a material that would hold up well to lots of use. And, it has. But since this house has the extra room, our living room really has become our 'adult entertaining' area, and could, I think, hold up to more formal furniture. I'm thinking about something like this:
No comments:
Post a Comment