Monday, May 14, 2007

Things to Do in NYC

I have a friend who is going to be visiting New York for the very first time. She asked me about different things to do, and other than a bunch of recommendations for places to eat and window shop, I kind of drew a blank. How crazy that I've lived in the NYC suburbs for 17 of my 35 years, and I have yet to do a lot of the touristy things? We probably only go in a few times a year, and almost always just either go to friends' or relatives' homes, or meet out at a restaurant.

So, I had to think about the tourist attractions I've visited in the city. I've been to the Statue of Liberty and seen the tree at Rockefeller Plaza, been to a few Broadway shows and the Met and the Frick, and eaten in Chinatown. Walked around the Village and been to events at Madison Square Garden. I think I've even been to a game at Yankee Stadium (years and years ago). Last summer, I scored some free tickets to a Comedy Central taping, so we went up for that, and had dinner out afterwards. So, I'm not entirely unfamiliar with things to do, but I was looking at a New York ticket broker website, and I realized how many things there are to do that I hadn't even realized were out there.

I think I'm going to try to motivate us to go in a little more often and do more 'structured activities' when we do. I think Sadie and Eden would get a real kick out of many of the things to do.

No comments: