Sunday, May 27, 2007

I'll bet you didn't know this about me....




but when I was 12, my best friend's father got us tickets to see The Police in Atlantic City. This was an absolutely huge thing, as they were our favorite band. And, guess what? My parents wouldn't let me go. I begged, pleaded, cried, threatened to hate them forever...all to no avail. They held firm. You know what...23 years later, and I'm still a little bitter about it. I like to refer to the incident as 'The Great Tragedy of 1984.' ;-)

I did see Sting in concert about 12 years ago, and it was a great show. But, sadly, I never did get to see The Police. I have heard that they are getting back together for a new tour, and I'm way excited about it. I'm not sure that I'll make it to see them this time around, either. Although my parents are ok with me going to concerts now ;) the logistical and financial wrangling that has to be done to get an evening out these days makes me think it won't happen.

So, I may have to console myself with the next best thing, which is a copy of the new Police cd. It has all of my favorites on it. Here's the listing of tracks:

Disc: 1 1. Fallout 2. Can't Stand Losing You 3. Next to You 4. Roxanne 5. Truth Hits Everybody 6. Hole in My Life 7. So Lonely 8. Message in a Bottle 9. Reggatta de Blanc 10. Bring on the Night 11. Walking on the Moon 12. Don't Stand So Close to Me 13. Driven to Tears 14. Canary in a Coalmine Disc: 2 1. Do Do Do de da da Da 2. Voices Inside My Head 3. Invisible Sun 4. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic 5. Spirits in the Material World 6. Demolition Man 7. Every Breath You Take 8. Synchronicity I 9. Wrapped Around Your Finger 10. Walking in Your Footsteps 11. Synchronicity II 12. King of Pain 13. Murder by Numbers 14. Tea in the Sahara

By posting this entry, I'm actually entering myself in a contest to win a copy of the Police CD. Hopefully, whoever does the deciding will take pity on me for "the great tragedy of 1984" and send me a free copy of the cd.

2 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

Love the title of your blog. Very funny. ha!

Many bloggers, including WW participants, will be flying Peace Globes in the blogosphere on Wednesday, June 6, 2007. It is BlogBlast for Peace day - the second annual event. Please consider using your Wordless Wednesday platforms on this day to participate. You can find more information about the movement at Mimi Writes or BlogBlast for Peace
http://mimiwrites.blogspot.com or http://mimilenox.blogspot.com

Thanks and peace!
Mimi

NYCLOAMR said...

Debbie, You're a boring read! Just kidding. But enough about the kids already, more about THE POLICE and what's on your iPod...
Sorry I didn't leave contact info earlier, or did I? I don't know how much info google shows. KAR5058ATaolDOTcomNOSPAM
I'm in NYC. Gabba Gabba Hey!
If you go to photobucket there's a load of pics. Look up KarRedRoses' albums.
BTW I only found you because Molly Ringwald was on the AOL news today, which reminded me of Meredith S., so I googled her which brought me to that Classmates site, which is where I saw you. I swear to gawds I'm not stalking you boobalah! It was just one of those silly things that happen when you're bored at the office. Enjoy your summer, K.